i have a love/hate relationship with running. ok mostly a hate relationship.
i always try to love it, i do, but i dread it and feel miserable while doing it.
since moving to carmel we now live by a great running trail and it is really helping me want to get out more. (9 miles a week!)
some things i have learned:
1. going slow helps – a lot. i tend to run fast and have to stop a lot – going slower i can run continually.
2. wearing the correct outfit helps – comfort makes the whole experience much easier to get through.
3. having a partner that holds you accountable makes it hard to quit. (thanks boy)
4. setting a goal is important – having an incentive also helps 😉
5. i record all my times & distances to track improvement although i can already feel the improvement after 2 1/2 weeks.
6. switch it up. sometimes i go different ways and sometimes on off days we bike ( i only run every other day)
these are just some things that help me – happy trails!